Stubble blazes tackled by crew
SEVENTY acres of stubble went up in flames in Creeting St Mary near Needham Market.The blaze, near Bridge Place farm on Coddenham Road, threatened nearby standing crops at 5.
SEVENTY acres of stubble went up in flames in Creeting St Mary near Needham Market.
The blaze, near Bridge Place farm on Coddenham Road, threatened nearby standing crops at 5.30pm yesterday.
Firefighters battled for half an hour, managing to get the blaze under control by 6pm.
Crew also battled for an hour to get a stubble fire in Sutton under control.
The blaze at Methers Gate Hall on the B1803, broke out yesterday morning and spread to one hectare of stubble, 100 metres of hedgerow and three tonnes of straw. The incident was under control by just after midday.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 4 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 5 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 8 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 9 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 10 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on