Stubble blazes tackled by crew
SEVENTY acres of stubble went up in flames in Creeting St Mary near Needham Market.The blaze, near Bridge Place farm on Coddenham Road, threatened nearby standing crops at 5.
SEVENTY acres of stubble went up in flames in Creeting St Mary near Needham Market.
The blaze, near Bridge Place farm on Coddenham Road, threatened nearby standing crops at 5.30pm yesterday.
Firefighters battled for half an hour, managing to get the blaze under control by 6pm.
Crew also battled for an hour to get a stubble fire in Sutton under control.
You may also want to watch:
The blaze at Methers Gate Hall on the B1803, broke out yesterday morning and spread to one hectare of stubble, 100 metres of hedgerow and three tonnes of straw. The incident was under control by just after midday.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 3 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 4 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 5 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 8 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 9 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
- 10 See Ipswich pub's journey from inn and Cindy's nightclub to church cafe