Students celebrate premiere
FORGET megabucks sci-fi movie Matrix Reloaded! Talented Suffolk students enjoyed their own premiere at a special screening of a film in Ipswich.While the world becomes transfixed with high-rolling box office hits, filmgoers gathered at UGC Cinema for a movie made by Belstead Brook students.
FORGET megabucks sci-fi movie Matrix Reloaded!
Talented Suffolk students enjoyed their own premiere at a special screening of a film in Ipswich.
While the world becomes transfixed with high-rolling box office hits, filmgoers gathered at UGC Cinema for a movie made by Belstead Brook students.
Making It is designed to raise awareness of the needs and desires of young people with special needs.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Daniel Allum said: "It's been fantastic for me to work with these young people and I think they've really enjoyed themselves."
The project was the result of consultation between The Children's Society, Belstead School, special needs group ACE and young people's organisation Connexions.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Hospital site at St Clement's in Ipswich transformed into homes
- 3 New axe-throwing bar with crazy golf and cocktails could be coming to Buttermarket
- 4 How developers hope to bring 'important' town centre building back to use
- 5 See the faces of the criminals who have been jailed in Suffolk this week
- 6 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 7 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 8 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Fisons site owners seeking pre-application advice on fire-hit site
Five youngsters from the school took the project on and decided to talk about four different and important aspects of their lives.
Making It covers employment, independence, education and relationships for people with special needs and their families.
Following the debut of the film at UGC, the movie is set for a nationwide tour and is set to be shown at school assemblies and other appropriate venues.