Students celebrate premiere
FORGET megabucks sci-fi movie Matrix Reloaded! Talented Suffolk students enjoyed their own premiere at a special screening of a film in Ipswich.While the world becomes transfixed with high-rolling box office hits, filmgoers gathered at UGC Cinema for a movie made by Belstead Brook students.
FORGET megabucks sci-fi movie Matrix Reloaded!
Talented Suffolk students enjoyed their own premiere at a special screening of a film in Ipswich.
While the world becomes transfixed with high-rolling box office hits, filmgoers gathered at UGC Cinema for a movie made by Belstead Brook students.
Making It is designed to raise awareness of the needs and desires of young people with special needs.
You may also want to watch:
Producer Daniel Allum said: "It's been fantastic for me to work with these young people and I think they've really enjoyed themselves."
The project was the result of consultation between The Children's Society, Belstead School, special needs group ACE and young people's organisation Connexions.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Five youngsters from the school took the project on and decided to talk about four different and important aspects of their lives.
Making It covers employment, independence, education and relationships for people with special needs and their families.
Following the debut of the film at UGC, the movie is set for a nationwide tour and is set to be shown at school assemblies and other appropriate venues.