Success for smallholders
THIS year's Suffolk Smallholders Show has been hailed a success.The event, which moved from its usual site at Framlingham Castle to Baylham Rare Breeds Farm in Needham Market attracted just under 2,500 visitors.
THIS year's Suffolk Smallholders Show has been hailed a success.
The event, which moved from its usual site at Framlingham Castle to Baylham Rare Breeds Farm in Needham Market attracted just under 2,500 visitors.
Show co-ordinator Lesley Calame was delighted with the day.
She said: "It all went extremely well. The weather was good apart from some rain near the end, we had a good attendance and the feedback from both the public and the stallholders was really pleasing."
You may also want to watch:
Throughout the day, families were invited to join the Suffolk Smallholders Association and many took the opportunity.
There were 58 stalls selling everything from wheel barrows to jewellery, a display of vintage tractors, digger demonstrations and even some local artists who were able to capture some of the many animals on canvas.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 3 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 8 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 9 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
Ms Calame added: "We got 18 families who signed up, which was really nice. Our number is now around 180 like-minded families, who all own a bit of land and some animals."
She also singled out praise for the 80 sea cadets from Wattisham for not only looking after the carpark but also for managing to raise over a hundreds pounds for breast cancer treatment at Ipswich Hospital.