Sue Ryder, The Chantry in Ipswich rated good in latest Care Quality Commission report
- Credit: Archant
Staff at an Ipswich-based neurological care centre are celebrating after being praised by a health watchdog for showing dignity, kindness and compassion while caring for residents.
Care Quality Commission inspectors ranked Sue Ryder, The Chantry as “good” in all areas, except for leadership and management – where it was considered outstanding.
The centre, which cares for people with complex conditions, was visited by the CQC in November.
A resulting report released this week highlights the “dignity, kindness and compassion” shown by staff to the centre’s residents, many of whom live with life-changing degenerative conditions like motor neurone disease.
Centre director Jo Marshall said: “We’re delighted to receive such great feedback in our recent CQC report for the care we provide for people with complex neurological conditions. We see the person and not the condition, helping our residents live as full a life as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Inspectors also found staff morale was high. They noted having positive relationships between carers and residents meant innovative and creative ways were found to help them retain control of their lives.
A relative told inspectors: “It is a positive place. I have been impressed by the services they provide. I think the management team know what they are doing and they support people to the best of their ability. They care.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 6 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads