'How lazy can people be?' – fury as dog mess bag found on park BBQ
- Credit: Archant
A resident is getting increasingly fed up with the amount of dog poo spoiling nature in and around Ipswich.
Lesley Mortimer recently discovered dog mess, which had been put in a bag, at an outdoor barbecue while walking at Alton Water.
She said: "How lazy can people be? The outdoor barbecue is a nice idea for people to use.
"I and my family walk a lot and we are always seeing dog poo lying about.
"If you have a dog, clear it up."
It is an offence under the Dogs Fouling of Land Act 1996 not to clear up after your dog.
According to Babergh District Council, on-the-spot Fixed Penalty Notices of £50 can be issued. If it goes to court, it could lead to a fine of up to £1,000.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 3 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 4 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 5 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
Anglian Water asks people walking in Alton Water with dogs to keep them on the lead at all time, bag and dispose of their waste responsibly and not let them in the water.