Suffolk and Essex set for another scorcher today - but cooler weather could arrive at weekend
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk experienced the hottest temperature of the year yesterday - and it is set to be another scorcher today.
Richard Jones, forecaster at Weatherquest, said the sweltering heat would continue to at least Friday - but the weekend was looking fresher.
He said: “It’s another fine day ahead of us with long sunny spells - very warm, very hot.
“We recorded a 33.3C (91.94F) in Santon Downham yesterday. I think we may struggle to surpass that today.
“We may get a 32C (89.6F) somewhere in Suffolk and Essex so it is still very hot.
“There’s a small chance the heat will trigger an isolated shower somewhere in the region
“Parts of Suffolk and Essex may see an afternoon or evening shower.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 4 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 5 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 6 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 7 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
- 10 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
“Last night was an uncomfortable night with temperatures dipping no lower than 15C (59F) across the region.
“Tonight is looking the same, warm and humid.”
Mr Jones said cooler weather could be arriving at the weekend.
“Tomorrow (Wednesday) is going to be another fine and dry morning with long sunny spells.
“It will get cloudier through the afternoon with, again, a small chance of isolated showers - but an even lower chance than today.
“There will be some light winds and sea breezes around the coast but not inland.
“We will see temperatures of 31C (87.8F), possibly 32C (89.6F).
“But we have a cold front coming from the west at the weekend bringing the risk of heavy showers but there is still uncertainty about how widespread that will be.
“That will then turn into something slightly fresher
“At the weekend temperatures will still be above average but it will feel less humid.
“We are looking at mid 20Cs (68Fs) for the weekend which will come as a relief for many people.”