Chelmondiston body confirmed to be missing man Paul Moore
- Credit: Archant
Police have confirmed a body discovered near the River Orwell is that of Kesgrave man Paul Moore, who was reported missing a month ago.
Suffolk Constabulary was called around 5.30pm on Friday, March 9 by a member of the public who had found the body on the shoreline at Chelmondiston.
Mr Moore, 44, had last been seen on Thursday, February 6 in the village of Nacton and was reported missing to police on Thursday, February 8.
An investigation was launched and extensive searches carried out with the help of coastguards as well as Suffolk Lowland Search and Rescue teams.
The probe led to the arrest of an Ipswich man aged in his 30s on February 25.
He was released under investigation the following day and a police spokeswoman said he would now face no further action.
A file on Mr Moore’s death will be prepared for the coroner in due course, the spokeswoman added.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products