Cafe's thank-you to community after 'kick in the teeth' theft
- Credit: The Angel
A Suffolk cafe has thanked customers and the community for its support after staff were left "disheartened" by the theft of its floral decorations.
The Angel in Needham Market reported some of the plants were taken from the front of the building last week.
A Facebook post from the business said that the theft was "so disheartening when we put so much effort into appearances and trying to add to the lovely feel of the high street".
The post continued: "With the rising cost of food, energy and fuel its so hard for a small business to survive and things like this are a real kick in the teeth."
After receiving dozens of responses from people in the local community, The Angel made a follow-up post on Friday, saying: "Thank you all for the amazing comments and messages we received yesterday, we're all blown away".
As a result of the local response, the cafe ran special offers on takeaways for that evening, with customers having the chance to get two meals for £17.95.
Marc Rogers, of The Angel, said: "the special offers were a thank you" and that the cafe was also offering "similar deals the week before pay day, too".
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
The owner also wished to "emphasise the great community reaction and support" after the incident.
The Angel can be found at 40 High Street in Needham Market.