‘If you run from police, make sure you’re faster’ - Officers’ quip after Ipswich drug arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ipswich have some tongue-in-cheek tips for drug dealers in the town - put the hours in at the gym or risk getting caught.
Officers in the town arrested a man in Sheldrake Avenue, Ipswich after chasing him down on foot.
He was found in possession of drug paraphernalia and what appear to be wraps of Class A drugs.
The Ipswich West Police twitter account posted last night: “Todays top tips: 1. Don’t deal drugs.
“2. If you are going to deal drugs and then run from police, make sure they aren’t faster than you.
You may also want to watch:
“3. DON’T DEAL DRUGS.”
A police spokesman said: “At around 8.30pm on November 25, officers from the Ipswich West Safer Neighbourhood Team, out on proactive patrol in the Sheldrake Drive area of Ipswich, had cause to stop and speak to man.
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 7 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
- 9 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 10 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
“The man fled from officers who then ran a short distance and detained him.
“He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.”