‘If you run from police, make sure you’re faster’ - Officers’ quip after Ipswich drug arrest
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ipswich have some tongue-in-cheek tips for drug dealers in the town - put the hours in at the gym or risk getting caught.
Officers in the town arrested a man in Sheldrake Avenue, Ipswich after chasing him down on foot.
He was found in possession of drug paraphernalia and what appear to be wraps of Class A drugs.
The Ipswich West Police twitter account posted last night: “Todays top tips: 1. Don’t deal drugs.
“2. If you are going to deal drugs and then run from police, make sure they aren’t faster than you.
You may also want to watch:
“3. DON’T DEAL DRUGS.”
A police spokesman said: “At around 8.30pm on November 25, officers from the Ipswich West Safer Neighbourhood Team, out on proactive patrol in the Sheldrake Drive area of Ipswich, had cause to stop and speak to man.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
“The man fled from officers who then ran a short distance and detained him.
“He was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.”