Force sets up mobile police station in response to death of Ipswich teenager
- Credit: Archant
Police officers will be staffing a mobile police station in locations across Ipswich during June in response to the death of 17-year-old Tavis Spencer-Aitkins.
The mobile station will park up at key spots around the town over the next four weeks, with officers ready to address concerns and provide reassurance and visibility to members of the public.
Although the times for the mobile station’s visits are not set in stone, it is likely to cover daytime and early evening to ensure as many people as possible are able to access it.
Police have ramped up patrols in the area where the attack took place and across Ipswich help reassure residents.
Officers are maintaining an ongoing dialogue with community leaders to address the concerns of people living and working in the area.
Supt. Kerry Cutler for the Southern area said: “We fully appreciate that following Saturday’s tragic incident concern remains high among the community.
“The mobile station will provide a visible and roving presence to people in Ipswich over the coming weeks to ensure we continue to listen and understand concerns of the community.”
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 6 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 7 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 8 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
Here are the dates and locations the mobile police station will set up:
Thursday 7 June – Prospect Road
Friday 8 June – Lavender Hill
Saturday 9 June – Saturn Road
Sunday 10 June – McDonalds Tavern Street
Monday, June 11– Hadleigh Road, Sainsburys
Tuesday, June 12– Surrey Road
Wednesday, June 13– Lupin Road/Cowslip Close
Thursday, June 14– Wells Close
Friday, June 15– Clarkson Street
Saturday, June 16– McDonalds Tavern Street
Sunday, June 17 - Dickens Road
Monday, June 18 – Wellington St YMCA
Tuesday, June 19– Coltsfoot Road
Wednesday, June 20 – Norwich Road/Clarkson Street
Thursday, June 21– Victoria Street
Friday, June 22– Stopford Court
Saturday, June 23– McDonalds Tavern Street
Sunday, June 24– Wells Close
Monday, June 25 – Dickens Road
Tuesday, June 26 – Lavender Hill
Wednesday, June 27 – YMCA
Thursday, June 28 – Wells Close
Friday, June 29 – McDonalds Tavern Street
Saturday, June 30 – Kelly Road
Sunday, July 1– Surrey Road