Neighbours’ kids continue to play in lockdown through window in garden fence
- Credit: Archant
Two Ipswich families have put a new perspective on the coronavirus lockdown by creating a plastic window in their 6ft adjoining fence so their children can continue to play together.
The neighbours in Pearce Road, Ipswich, came up with the innovative way for their preschool children to keep in touch after a few days of lifting them above the adjoining fence so they could talk.
The ingenious idea was that of Courtney La-Mont – father to three-year-old Amelia – who thought it would be a good way for his children to interact with their friends safely.
He said: “I knew I had a bit of Perspex lying about and I just thought it might be a quicker and easier way for the kids to be able to see and talk to each other but still keep their distance.
“I mentioned it to my wife Rachel and she thought it was a great idea, so we chatted to our neighbour Yasmin Jeffery, who quickly agreed, so I got to work. It only took me about 30 minutes to put it in.”
More: Subscribe to our daily coronavirus newsletter, with all the latest from where you liveYasmin Jeffery, mother of twins Belle and Jude, aged four, said: “As any parent of little children know, it’s quite tricky to keep them occupied all day every day during lockdown.
You may also want to watch:
“My twins and Amelia are normally very sociable and they are all missing their friends. When Rachel suggested this, I thought it was brilliant.”
Rachel La-Mont added: “It also means the adults can see each other and sit and have a glass of wine and chat in the evenings.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 4 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
“We may even decide not to take it down after lockdown ends.”