Date set for inquest into death of married couple near Ipswich Waterfront
- Credit: Archant
A date has been set for an inquest which will investigate the circumstances surrounding the deaths of a husband and wife near Ipswich Waterfront last Summer.
Katherine (Katie) Kemp, aged 31, and Thomas (Tom) Kemp, aged 32, died near their home in Siloam Place, in Ipswich on August 6, 2018.
A joint inquest into their deaths will begin on April 10 at Suffolk Coroner’s Court. It is expected to take between four and eight days.
Police were called to their address just before 9am on the day in question after reports that a man had fallen from a window.
Officers found Thomas Kemp was found near the couple’s house shortly after. They then forced entry to their flat to find Katherine Kemp on the floor. Despite attempts to revive them both, they were pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination concluded that Katherine Kemp had died from multiple stab wounds. She also had defensive wounds on her hands.
Her husband was also determined to have died as a result of multiple stab wounds.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
It has not yet been decided if the inquest will be heard by a jury.