Suffolk covered in blanket of fog
Thick fog which is covering parts of Suffolk this morning is set to clear.
MUCH of Suffolk was covered in a blanket of early morning fog today as motorists struggled into work.
In Ipswich visibility was down to about 100 yards in some places while out in the rural areas it was even lower with drivers on the A140 reporting to be able to see only 50 yards in front of them.
There were even reports of some motorists driving with no lights on in Ipswich.
However, forecasters said that much of it was due to clear by 9.30 although it would hang around in the west of Sufffolk.
A spokesman for Weatherquest said: “It may remain misty for parts of the county throughout the day.
“It should clear quickest in the coastal areas but the western part of the county and Cambridgeshire will see it hanging around a while longer. Drivers will need to take extra care in these conditions especially on unlit rural roads.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 5 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 6 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 7 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 8 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
“We don't expect to see anymore fog over the weekend.”
But despite the poor conditions there have been no reports of any accidents on the roads this morning.