Suffolk: Diamond Jubilee celebrations bring neighbourhoods together
JUBILEE festivities continued to cause a stir across the county as communities united for an array of themed events.
Red, white and blue could been seen in all corners of Ipswich, with residents embracing the nation’s love of all things royal.
At The Kingfisher pub, in Hawthorne Drive, Ipswich, crowds gathered to get involved in the fun which included children’s games and a picnic for everyone to enjoy.
In Felixstowe, more than 100 people enjoyed a number of activities and games at a street party in Cricket Hill Road.
There was something for all ages to enjoy with a barbecue, buffet and a number of games including cricket, hopscotch and croquet.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Horton, who helped organise the event, said: “It’s been fun. All the kids are out in the street having a whale of a time.”
Meanwhile, beach hut owners on the resort’s seafront have also been showing their patriotic spirit as they competed to win the Most Royally Dressed beach Hut competition.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
The competition was organised by the Felixstowe Futures Team and Suffolk Coastal District Council’s resort team.
At Suffolk Owls Sanctuary in Stonham Barns, families had the chance to meet newly-hatched owls and a group of meerkats.There was also a competition for tots who got to create crowns before enjoying some treats at the Owls Tea Party.
n Send us your pictures for the Jubilee weekend. Log on to www.iwitness24.co.uk and upload your snaps.