Suffolk Dog Day competition off to a howling good start!
- Credit: Archant
A competition launched to count down to this year’s Suffolk Dog Day has already received an “overwhelming” response.
Suffolk Community Foundation, organisers of the annual event, has already been inundated with entries for #LetSleepingDogsLie, which launched on Monday, June 18.
The competition aims to encourage the county’s dog lovers to share photos of their sleepy pets on social media and raise awareness of the causes Suffolk Dog Day raises vital funds for.
Tim Holder, head of public affairs at Suffolk Community Foundation, said: “It’s been amazing to see how #LetSleepingDogsLie has caught everyone’s imagination.
“We’ve been overwhelmed by the amount of people who have already submitted their photos.
“We are going to give a prize every week for the best photo and that prize will be a free family ticket to Suffolk Dog Day.”
Suffolk Dog Day, now in its 11th year, will return to Helmingham Hall on Sunday, July 29.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 9 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 10 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
The event has raised £500,000 for charities in the county since it was first launched.
Mr Holder added: “Our message is keep the entries coming over the next six weeks.
“You can enter as many times as you like.”
To enter your snoring Schnauzer, dozing Dachshund or resting Ridgeback, all you need to do is like Suffolk Dog Day on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and then post a picture of your pet with their name and the hashtags #LetSleepingDogsLie and #SuffolkDogDay.
More information about Suffolk Dog Day and the competition can be found at www.suffolkdogday.com