Suffolk/Essex: Tree crash victim driver named
POLICE have this morning named a man who died after his car collided with a tree near Haverhill.
The emergency services were called to the single vehicle crash in Withersfield on Wednesday afternoon.
This morning police said the man who died in the tragedy was 46-year-old Brian Trigg, of Gosfield, in Essex.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service shortly after midday on Wednesday following reports that a car had struck a tree on Silver Street in Withersfield.
Officers arrived and found a silver Audi.
Mr Trigg was pronounced dead at the scene.
No other vehicles were involved in the collision.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 9 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 10 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
A section of the road was closed for approximately four hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their inquiries.
Anybody who saw the crash is urged to contact Pc Allie Cotton at Suffolk police’s serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.