Firefighters called to reports of ‘hazardous materials’ at Suffolk school
- Credit: google
Fire crews were alerted to reports of ‘hazardous materials’ at a Suffolk high school this afternoon.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to an incident at Claydon High School at around 12.30pm.
A service spokesman said it related to a spillage of nitric acid, possibly in one of the school’s science laboratories.
“It was a small incident and it was quickly dealt with,” the spokesman added.
“No one was injured.”
Crews from Ipswich East and Princes Street attended the incident and had it under control by 1.45pm.
The fire service spokesman said the school was not evacuated during the incident.