Suffolk firm to star at Games
THE COMMONWEALTH Games has been a Manchester success story, but Suffolk will provide the finishing fireworks – literally. Bramfield-based company Shell Shock is set to light up the Manchester sky with a spectacular closing ceremony fireworks display on Sunday evening.
SUFFOLKwill be providing the spectacular finale to the Commonwealth Games.
Bramfield-based fireworks company, Shell Shock, is set to light up the Manchester sky with a huge fireworks display in the closing ceremony on Sunday evening.
And it seems the sky's no limit for the ambitious Suffolk company – famed for its magnificent fireworks shows which draw thousands into Ipswich every November.
The Evening Star can reveal the company has already spoken to organisers of the 2004 Athens Olympics about their firework needs.
Shell Shock director, Zoe Gibson, said: "We worked on the opening ceremony on Thursday which went very well indeed.
"But we have to make sure the closing ceremony is even better. It should be very spectacular.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 5 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 6 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 7 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
"It's been a very intensive programme, but very exciting.
"We have a very local team who are very talented and creative and they push the company forward."