Suffolk firm to star at Games
THE COMMONWEALTH Games has been a Manchester success story, but Suffolk will provide the finishing fireworks – literally. Bramfield-based company Shell Shock is set to light up the Manchester sky with a spectacular closing ceremony fireworks display on Sunday evening.
SUFFOLKwill be providing the spectacular finale to the Commonwealth Games.
Bramfield-based fireworks company, Shell Shock, is set to light up the Manchester sky with a huge fireworks display in the closing ceremony on Sunday evening.
And it seems the sky's no limit for the ambitious Suffolk company – famed for its magnificent fireworks shows which draw thousands into Ipswich every November.
The Evening Star can reveal the company has already spoken to organisers of the 2004 Athens Olympics about their firework needs.
You may also want to watch:
Shell Shock director, Zoe Gibson, said: "We worked on the opening ceremony on Thursday which went very well indeed.
"But we have to make sure the closing ceremony is even better. It should be very spectacular.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 4 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 7 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 8 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 9 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 10 Ipswich company pleads guilty after post-Grenfell fire notice ignored
"It's been a very intensive programme, but very exciting.
"We have a very local team who are very talented and creative and they push the company forward."