Suffolk Food Hall sets new record of 283 sausage rolls eaten simultaneously
- Credit: Archant
There were squeals of excitement at Suffolk Food Hall today as hundreds of hungry customers rolled up to set a new world record.
Bosses managed to muster 283 people in their pig-turesque courtyard overlooking the River Orwell to eat a free sausage roll simultaneously.
The event was arranged as part of the 10th anniversary celebration of the Suffolk Food Hall, which is located in Wherstead, just outside of Ipswich.
Although their efforts do not qualify for the Guinness World Records, marketing and design coordinator Nick Punter believes it was the first mass sausage roll eating challenge of its kind to take place.
“It went really well,” Mr Punter added. “There was a lot of laughter and a lot of children having a good time.
You may also want to watch:
“It was just a bit of fun to celebrate our tenth birthday.”
Staff worked hard last night cooking up 500 sausage rolls for the event, including 50 vegetarian equivalents.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
The idea came from sales and marketing manager, Russ Haddow.