Suffolk fuel lowest in UK
MOTORISTS in Suffolk can say tanks for the good news – but there's bad news too in the latest petrol price survey.Although drivers in Britain, alongside Norway, pay the most for their petrol in Europe, East Anglia has the lowest average price for fuel in the country, according to the latest figures from the AA.
MOTORISTS in Suffolk can say tanks for the good news – but there's bad news too in the latest petrol price survey.
Although drivers in Britain, alongside Norway, pay the most for their petrol in Europe, East Anglia has the lowest average price for fuel in the country, according to the latest figures from the AA.
The national average for standard unleaded petrol is 75.6 pence per litre (ppl), but in East Anglia the average is 75.2 ppl while a motorist in Luxembourg would only pay just under 50 pence for a litre of unleaded.
The Fuel Price Report, carried out by the AA, showed that there has been a rise in the cost of both unleaded and diesel over the last month, nationally. Unleaded went up by 0.8 ppl and diesel by the same amount.
To see how these rises have affected prices in and around Ipswich, the Evening Star carried out a survey of the cost of petrol, and checked them against the national average.
The survey found that supermarkets and larger suppliers, such as Shell and BP, in the region are selling unleaded petrol 2.7 ppl cheaper than the national average at 72.9 ppl.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 4 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 6 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 7 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 8 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 9 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 10 Company requests £1.8m loan to finish Broomhill Lido project
Diesel is being sold at 74.9 ppl, which represents a saving of 1.8 ppl on the UK average price of 76.7 ppl.
The cost of fuel at smaller scale petrol stations is slightly higher on average as is the case in service stations along major routes.
To find out the cheapest petrol station near you:
EVENING STAR PRICE SURVEY
Fuel price results in pence per litre
Meredith Filling Station, Norwich Road,
Morrisons, Sproughton Road, Ipswich.
Shell UK, Grove Road, Woodbridge.
Bixley Road Service Station, Ipswich.
Tescos, Copdock Interchange, Ipswich.
Martlesham Heath Services
Tescos, Anson Road, Martlesham Heath.
Sainsburys, Hadleigh Road, Ipswich.
Stowupland Service Station.
Sainsburys, Warren Heath.