Ipswich and Sproughton roads to be shut for emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
Two roads in and around Ipswich are to be closed at short notice for emergency repair works.
Suffolk Highways, which looks after and maintains the majority of the county’s road and pavement network, Tweeted that part of Sproughton Road, Sproughton will be closed between 7pm and midnight on Thursday, February 14.
And on the same day Dales View Road in Ipswich will be closed between 9.30am and 3pm.
Motorists have been advised to follow diversions that will be in place for both road closures, with maps Tweeted showing the routes.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
You may also want to watch:
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
The organisation gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?