Orwell Bridge closed as overturned lorry causes traffic chaos
- Credit: Archant
The Orwell Brige is now shut both ways after an overturned lorry stopped all traffic on one side of the A14 in Suffolk, causing massive delays.
Suffolk police were called to the scene of the accident on the eastbound carriageway of the A14, just after junction 57 at Nacton, near Ipswich, at 12.36pm.
They found a lorry on its side, blocking both lanes of the carriageway.
Paramedics are also attending the scene but the condition of the lorry driver is not yet known.
As a result of the accident traffic is building into Ravenswood and Nacton.
You may also want to watch:
According to Suffolk Highways the road is expected to be closed until at least 4pm.
The Orwell Bridge is now closed in both directions.
- 1 These are the neighbourhoods in Suffolk where Covid rates are still rising
- 2 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 3 New Aldi store takes shape near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 4 Martlesham man caught with indecent images for second time
- 5 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 6 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 7 Snow could hit Suffolk as overnight temperatures set to plunge
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 9 When Anita Dobson visited Ipswich - and more 1980s pub memories
- 10 Covid-19 cases continue to fall across region, latest statistics show
The AA Traffic News website says: “Road blocked and slow traffic due to rolled over vehicle on A14 Eastbound from J57 A1189 Nacton Road to J58 A12 (Seven Hills).
“The road is blocked due to an accident which resulted in one of the vehicles to overturn.”
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called at 12.38pm to reports of a road traffic collision on the A14 in Nacton.
“We sent one ambulance, which is currently on the scene.”
This is a breaking story, visit out website for the latest information.