Group of Ipswich roads to be closed for resurfacing
Three roads in Ipswich are to be shut so that new surfaces can be put on the full lengths of the roads.
Prince of Wales Drive, Maidenhall Approach and Maidenhall Green will all be closed between 9am and 4pm each day for a week so the works can be carried out by Suffolk Highways.
The closure will take place between Tuesday, February 19 and Tuesday, February 26, excluding weekends.
Traffic will be diverted via Belstead Avenue, Luther Road and Belstead Road during the closures.
A statement from Suffolk Highways told residents: “The times and dates of the works may change depending on the weather conditions. If they do change, we will let you know by updating the information signs on site.
You may also want to watch:
“The road will be temporarily closed to through traffic for the duration of the works. Pedestrian access to properties and businesses will be available. However vehicular access may be restricted even where off road parking is available.”
Access will be controlled by road workers, with residents encouraged to speak to them about access.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
Anyone with questions about the work should call 0345 606 6171.