Part of Ipswich town centre road to be closed for a day for emergency repairs
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Part of one of Ipswich town centre’s main roads will be closed for the best part of a day so emergency repairs can be carried out.
Suffolk Highways, which looks after and maintains the majority of the county’s roads and pavements, announced the closure on its Twitter page.
Fore Street is a long road which passes through much of the town centre.
However Suffolk Highways said only the section between Star Lane and Salthouse Street will be closed.
The closure will take place today (Thursday, March 7) from 9.30am to 3pm, with a diversion in place during the works.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Highways posted a map showing the diversion route through Star Lane, Slade Street and Salthouse Street.
Suffolk Highways’ responsibilities include fixing potholes and planning works such as road resurfacing.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
It gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry a higher number of vehicles, with the most important roads being fixed within two hours if they are thought to have defects.