Ipswich road closure planned for emergency works
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich road will be closed overnight early next year for emergency repair works.
Wherstead Road, which runs through Maidenhall in south Ipswich, will be closed on January 4 from 7pm to 5am the following morning.
During the works, Suffolk Highways will be carrying out emergency resurfacing on the road, which runs parallel to the River Orwell.
The works will be from the A14 junction with the A137, all the way into Ipswich, finishing at the start of Hawes Street, next to the Audi garage.
Drivers are advised to follow the diversion put in place by highways officers.
You may also want to watch:
It will direct drivers heading into Ipswich to take the A14 from junction 56 up to junction 57 before directing them onto Nacton Road, Landseer Road and Duke Street.
It will then direct drivers left onto Key Street and then onto Bridge Street before continuing on the A137 to the end of the diversion.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 3 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 4 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 5 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
- 6 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 7 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 8 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 9 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- 10 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert