Suffolk hospitals on alert
HOSPITALS in Suffolk are on standby following today's terrorist attacks in London.Ipswich Hospital said it was operating as normal today but was prepared to take casualties from London if needed.
HOSPITALS in Suffolk are on standby following today's terrorist attacks in London.
Ipswich Hospital said it was operating as normal today but was prepared to take casualties from London if needed.
West Suffolk Hospital also confirmed it was on major incident standby and could take casualties if required.
A statement form the hospital said it had been reviewing its bed situation since noon and had beds available if required.
You may also want to watch:
Brian Paddick, Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner said the initial estimate was that 150 people were seriously injured in today's blasts.
He said he was "not sure" if suicide bombers were involved.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.