Suffolk hospitals on alert
HOSPITALS in Suffolk are on standby following today's terrorist attacks in London.Ipswich Hospital said it was operating as normal today but was prepared to take casualties from London if needed.
HOSPITALS in Suffolk are on standby following today's terrorist attacks in London.
Ipswich Hospital said it was operating as normal today but was prepared to take casualties from London if needed.
West Suffolk Hospital also confirmed it was on major incident standby and could take casualties if required.
A statement form the hospital said it had been reviewing its bed situation since noon and had beds available if required.
Brian Paddick, Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner said the initial estimate was that 150 people were seriously injured in today's blasts.
He said he was "not sure" if suicide bombers were involved.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 3 Investigations ongoing into 'inter-gang disputes' in town
- 4 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 5 Strong interest expected as 'prime' town centre shop unit hits market with price tag of more than £1m
- 6 Meeting to discuss traffic calming measures after community concerns
- 7 Search for missing man who planned 70-mile walk home still ongoing
- 8 Convicted murderer released on temporary license arrested in Ipswich
- 9 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
For the full story see tonight's Evening Star.