Ipswich man banned from driving for three years after police crackdown
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man is one of three more drivers convicted following Essex Police’s summer crackdown on drink and drug driving.
A total of 205 people were arrested during the force’s summer campaign which highlighted how alcohol and drugs can impair reactions when driving.
Daniel Rendell, 28, of Agate Close, Ipswich, was convicted of drug driving following his arrest on July 14 in Clacton Road, Weeley.
He was disqualified for 36 months, fined £400 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £40 victim surcharge.
His driving licence was endorsed for driving with no insurance and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
You may also want to watch:
Renee Oyeleye, 21, of Paragon Road, London, was convicted of drug driving after being arrested on July 7 in Magdalen Street, Colchester.
He was disqualified for 12 months, fined £120, and ordered to pay £85 costs and £30 victim surcharge.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
Gheorghe Tomozei, 33, of Cliff Avenue, Westcliff, was convicted of drink driving following his arrest on July 8 in London Road, Westcliff.
He was disqualified for 22 months, fined £400, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £40 victim surcharge.