Man due in court after woman, 79, robbed of her handbag
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court tomorrow accused of robbery and burglary, police have revealed.
Rhys Burroughs, of Colchester Road, Ipswich, was re-arrested yesterday on suspicion of robbery following an attack which happened in November last year.
He was originally arrested on November 21 last year but was released under investigation pending further enquiries.
On November 5 last year a woman, aged 79, parked in Victoria Street at around 7.35pm. As she got out of the car she pulled her bag onto her shoulder but was approached by a man who grabbed the bag and pulled her to the ground. The suspect then forced the bag off her and ran off towards London Road.
Burroughs has been charged with robbery in connection with this and one count of burglary, which relates to an incident at a house in Cemetery Lane, Ipswich, on May 27.
You may also want to watch:
He has been remanded in custody and is due to appear before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court tomorrow (Saturday).
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today