Suffolk murder trial due to start
A 23-YEAR-OLD accused of murdering a Suffolk man and a traveller was due to start his trial at Ipswich Crown Court today.Tony Holland is charged with killing 20-year-old William O'Connor at the rear of a Bury St Edmunds pub on April 27 last year.
A 23-YEAR-OLD accused of murdering a Suffolk man and a traveller was due to start his trial at Ipswich Crown Court today.
Tony Holland is charged with killing 20-year-old William O'Connor at the rear of a Bury St Edmunds pub on April 27 last year.
He is also accused of murdering 44-year-old father-of-two Danny Hathaway from Corby, Northamptonshire, on February 15, 2007.
Mr Hathaway's body has never been found.
Holland, of Broadlands, Desborough, Northamptonshire, denies both charges.
Mr O'Connor died from knife wounds sustained at the back of a pub in Home Farm Lane. He was declared dead on arrival at hospital.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 7 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 8 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 9 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
- 10 Thief who stole from Ipswich shops to fuel drug habit jailed
Two doctors who worked at the nearby West Suffolk Hospital performed emergency open heart surgery at the roadside in an attempt to save his life.
Mr O'Connor, also known as Bill, lived with his family in Bury.
Holland was charged with his murder on May 4 last year.
Northamptonshire police charged Holland with the murder of Mr Hathaway on July 31.
Mr Hathaway was last seen at his home on a New Age Travellers' site in Corby on February 7.
He had been due to go for a meal with a friend but never turned up at the restaurant.
Although Holland's trial was due to start today, it will not formerly begin until tomorrow when the jury is sworn in.