Suffolk murders: Third body found
POLICE investigating the murder of two Ipswich prostitutes have this afternoon confirmed the discovery of a third body.Some early media reports suggested the woman's body, which was found at Nacton, could be that of another murdered prostitute but this has not been officially confirmed by Suffolk Police.
POLICE investigating the murder of two Ipswich prostitutes have this afternoon confirmed the discovery of a third body.
Some early media reports suggested the woman's body, which was found at Nacton, could be that of another murdered prostitute but this has not been officially confirmed by Suffolk Police.
The media reports suggested the woman was aged in her late teens or early 20s and had worked as a prostitute.
The reports also suggested that she had not been reported missing before her death.
Suffolk Police stressed none of these points had been confirmed but the force did say the body was found just before the turn-off to Amberfield School at Nacton at 3.20pm.
It is unclear at this stage whether the woman's death is linked to those of Ipswich prostitutes Gemma Adams and Tania Nicol.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 8 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “The body of a woman has been found at Nacton this afternoon, Sunday, December 10.
“Police were called by a member of the public at 3.20pm today who reported that she had found a body just before the Amberfield turning.
“Officers are at the scene and the area is cordoned off.
“At this stage, as a standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained.”
The bodies of Gemma, 25, and Tania, 19, were both found in Belstead Brook about two miles apart. Both girls had gone missing from the red-light district of Ipswich.
For full story see tomorrow's Evening Star.
Do you have information about this story? Call The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.