Suffolk murders: Third body found
POLICE investigating the murder of two Ipswich prostitutes have this afternoon confirmed the discovery of a third body.Some early media reports suggested the woman's body, which was found at Nacton, could be that of another murdered prostitute but this has not been officially confirmed by Suffolk Police.
POLICE investigating the murder of two Ipswich prostitutes have this afternoon confirmed the discovery of a third body.
Some early media reports suggested the woman's body, which was found at Nacton, could be that of another murdered prostitute but this has not been officially confirmed by Suffolk Police.
The media reports suggested the woman was aged in her late teens or early 20s and had worked as a prostitute.
The reports also suggested that she had not been reported missing before her death.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police stressed none of these points had been confirmed but the force did say the body was found just before the turn-off to Amberfield School at Nacton at 3.20pm.
It is unclear at this stage whether the woman's death is linked to those of Ipswich prostitutes Gemma Adams and Tania Nicol.
- 1 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 2 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 9 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 10 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “The body of a woman has been found at Nacton this afternoon, Sunday, December 10.
“Police were called by a member of the public at 3.20pm today who reported that she had found a body just before the Amberfield turning.
“Officers are at the scene and the area is cordoned off.
“At this stage, as a standard procedure, the death is being treated as unexplained.”
The bodies of Gemma, 25, and Tania, 19, were both found in Belstead Brook about two miles apart. Both girls had gone missing from the red-light district of Ipswich.
For full story see tomorrow's Evening Star.
Do you have information about this story? Call The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.