Readers capture stunning 'pink moon' over Suffolk
- Credit: Jeff Welch
This week photographers across the county will be trying to get the perfect photograph of the pink supermoon as it lights up the sky.
In the early hours of this morning Jeff Welch captured some stunning shots of the 'pink moon' above the Port of Felixstowe looking as though it was glowing.
More of our readers have been sending in their impressive pictures of the supermoon which were taken in Ipswich, Washbrook, and Woodbridge.
Photographers will be happy to know the 'pink moon' will be visible again tonight.
The optimal time to see the moon is just before sunset which is expected to be at around 8.15pm, it will be visible until it sets in the west on Wednesday morning.
You may also want to watch:
It is known as the 'pink moon' because of the pink flowers known as phlox, that bloom in the spring.
Please send any pictures you have taken of the supermoon to email@example.com.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected