Biker hurt after crash shuts Ipswich road
- Credit: Rachel Edge
A motorcyclist has ben injured in a crash which has closed a busy Ipswich road.
Suffolk police received report of the collision in Norwich Road at shortly after 1.20pm.
A police spokesman said the rider of a Honda motorbike had suffered leg injuries after colliding with a Vauxhall Corsa Club.
“Their injuries are not thought to he life threatening or life changing,” the spokesman added.
The road was still reported to be closed at around 2.15pm while recovery was arranged.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: ““We were called at 1.18pm today to reports of a road traffic collision on the Norwich Road (A1156), Ipswich.
“Two ambulance crews were sent to help.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 5 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
“A man was treated at the scene for a leg injury and taken to Ipswich Hospital for further treatment.”
The road was fully clear before 3.30pm when the vehicles involved in the crash were recovered.