Lorry fire reported on A14 near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A rolling roadblock was set up on the A14 after a reported lorry fire near to Ipswich.
Suffolk police received reports of the burning vehicle in the westbound carriageway near to Sproughton at just after 5pm.
Officers attended following requests from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
“A rolling roadblock was put in place,” a police spokesman said.
“The lorry has since been found in a lay-by after suffering a mechanical failure.”
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Ipswich East, Holbrook, Hadleigh to attend the fire.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol