Lorry fire reported on A14 near Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A rolling roadblock was set up on the A14 after a reported lorry fire near to Ipswich.
Suffolk police received reports of the burning vehicle in the westbound carriageway near to Sproughton at just after 5pm.
Officers attended following requests from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
“A rolling roadblock was put in place,” a police spokesman said.
“The lorry has since been found in a lay-by after suffering a mechanical failure.”
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent crews from Ipswich East, Holbrook, Hadleigh to attend the fire.
- 1 Concern over plight of homeless man living in tent beside Ipswich road
- 2 Police issue CCTV images in connection with Ipswich investigation
- 3 Girl, 10, slapped in face by stranger in Felixstowe
- 4 Missing boy Emilio, 15, found after rescue teams join search
- 5 Tributes to grandmother who helped 'countless' people find work
- 6 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Suffolk?
- 7 Town becomes first in Suffolk to get 5G
- 8 All you need to know about your Covid vaccine appointment
- 9 How much are people still going out in this lockdown?
- 10 Crash scene number plate led police to drugs haul