Thieves cause thousands of pounds of damage in Trimley Sports and Social club burglary
- Credit: Archant
Thieves smashed their way into a sports and social club in Trimley St Martin on Tuesday stealing bottles of alcohol and soft drinks.
The break-in happened at around 11.30pm on Tuesday, October 7 at a premises in High Road, causing thousands of pounds of damage.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Entry was gained by smashing the glass in a rear door and once inside the offenders forced open the bar shutters, stealing a number of bottles of alcoholic and soft drinks.”
Police were called and arrived at the scene shortly afterwards but the thieves had fled the scene.
Officers are appealing for witnesses following the burglary.
Police say there were at least three suspects using a small dark-coloured vehicle which made-off in the direction of the roundabout junction with Howlett Way.
Significant damage has been caused to the building, which is estimated to cost several thousand pounds to repair.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 3 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 4 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 5 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 10 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about this crime, are asked to contact the Neighbourhood Response Team at Rhodes House on 101 quoting reference 57911/18, or the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.