Thief pretending to be ‘lost’ steals from church and businesses
- Credit: Archant
A thief has been reportedly distracting victims by pretending to be lost while looking at a map.
Four distraction thefts have been reported in Ipswich town centre relating to the man since Saturday, January 26.
Suffolk police say in all four cases the man walked into a building holding a map and asking for directions.
So far, three phones and a purse have been reported as stolen.
The thefts have taken place in three businesses across the town centre, with a further taking place in St Mary-le-Tower Church.
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking for a man described of slim or skinny build with short, dark hair. He is believed to be either teenaged to early 20s and to speak with an eastern European accent.
Witnesses or anybody with any information are asked to call the Ipswich Safer Neighbourhood team on 101, quoting reference 8792/19.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 8 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant