Man arrested on suspicion of murder after Ipswich death
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder following the death of a woman in Ipswich.
Police were called to an address in Meridian Rise, near Cemetery Road, earlier this morning following a call from paramedics at 8.20am who had found the deceased woman, aged in her 40s, in the property.
The death is currently being treated as suspicious and a man, also aged in his 40s, has been arrested and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A police cordon is in place at the property whilst officers carry out an investigation with officers starting to carry out house to house inquiries in the area.
Investigating officer, Detective Inspector Steve Corbett, said: “We remain in the early stages of our investigation and our enquiries remain ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
“However, it appears that the suspect and the victim were known to each other and we do not believe there to be any threat to the wider public.”
Anyone who has any information in relation to this incident or heard or saw any suspicious activity is asked to contact Suffolk Constabulary on 101, quoting CAD number 77 of December 1 2018.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 8 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 9 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 10 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million