‘Get on the ground’ – Dramatic police chase sees two detained
- Credit: Google
A routine vehicle check turned into a dramatic police chase after one of the car’s occupants reportedly fled the scene.
People living in Richmond Road in Ipswich reported being woken to the sound of a police chase followed by vehicles colliding near to the junction with Bramford Road.
“Police were at the scene the whole time and could be heard telling someone to ‘get on the ground’,” said one person living in the area.
Suffolk police confirmed that officers carried out a routine vehicle stop in Richmond Road at around 10.45pm.
“We stopped a vehicle and the occupant ran off,” a police spokesman added.
“Two people were detained; one at the scene and the other nearby.”
The police spokesman also confirmed there had been a collision involving two vehicles, though no injuries have been reported.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 6 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 7 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 8 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 9 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 10 Macauley Bonne: Town is not a closed book... I've got unfinished business
He added that although members of the public may have noticed a heavy police presence, officers were simply following routine procedures in the event of a person fleeing the scene.
Police have since clarified details of the incident, including the arrests made.