Cyclist taken to hospital after Norwich Road crash
- Credit: MARTYN HUNT
A man riding a bicycle has been taken to hospital after he was involved in a collision with a car in Norwich Road, Ipswich.
Police and ambulance crews were called at 1.20pm to the road following reports of the collision.
The Essex and Herts Air Ambulance was also called to the scene.
The cyclist was taken to Ipswich Hospital by road for treatment of his injuries – the extent of which are not currently known.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called to Norwich Road at around 1.20pm today following reports of a collision.
You may also want to watch:
“An ambulance, ambulance officer and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended and treated a male patient at the scene before transporting him by road to Ipswich Hospital for further assessment and care.”
Police closed the road between Richmond Road and the double roundabout, but the road was reopened shortly before 3pm.
- 1 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: See the faces of the criminals locked up this week
- 3 Suffolk and Essex on standby for snow
- 4 More than 1,700 Covid patients now discharged from hospitals
- 5 Kesgrave woman writes book on incredible journey from suicide attempt to ultra marathon
- 6 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 7 Firefighters issue warning after wood burner fire almost spreads across house
- 8 Ipswich woman who was 'too big' to operate on loses 8 stone after health scare
- 9 Ipswich Town supporters group post mock front page outside Portman Road, calling for Lambert to go
- 10 Ipswich Town 'disappointed' at newspaper stance - Evans stands by Lambert