Police cordon in place around Ipswich home after car crash causes structural damage
- Credit: Archant
A house in Ipswich has been cordoned off after a car crashed into the building.
Suffolk police confirmed this morning the cordon in Coral Drive, which is near Bramford Road in the Westbourne area of town, was put up following an accident earlier this week.
The police cordon had sparked speculation among people living in the area.
A police spokesman said it was a “damage only collision”, which had been reported at 6.25pm on Tuesday, and involved a Vauxhall Antara.
“It’s been reported that a car has collided with a house and has caused some structural damage,” the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
A neighbouring property may also have been damaged, police said.
No one has been injured in the collision.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault