Driver suffers injuries after crash near Ipswich
- Credit: google
A woman is reported to have suffered injuries after a crash near Ipswich this morning.
Suffolk police received reports of a collision on the A137 near to the junction with Valley Lane in Wherstead just before 9am.
The collision involved a Honda CR-V and Audi Q5 and left the road partially closed.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust was called to treat a woman who was driving one of the vehicles.
A police spokesman said she had suffered injuries but they were not thought to be too serious.
A spokesman for EEAST said it was called to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on the junction of A137 and Valley Lane, Wherstead, Ipswich.
“An ambulance crew was sent to help,” the spokesman added.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 7 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 8 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 9 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
“At the scene we assessed three patients.
“One patient, a woman, was taken to Ipswich Hospital for further care for a possible arm injury.”
Motorists had reported major delays on a separate stretch of the A137, Wherstead Road, this morning, which were said to have related to roadworks taking place.