Suffolk police looking for witnesses to large number of recent burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police have a arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a series of burglaries which took place in Ipswich.
Suffolk police are still appealing for witnesses to come forward for any of the incidents, which all took place between Sunday and Tuesday.
On Sunday a property on Burlington Road, near Crescent Road, was broken into via a back window between 5pm and 6pm. A Nintendo Wii, Xbox and games for the consoles were stolen.
Between 7.20pm on Sunday and 10.45am the Monday three homes were burgled at a block of flats on Rapier Street. Jewellery, a Nikon digital camera and loose change were taken.
A Samsung TV, Toshiba laptop and the keys to a Vauxhall Zafira were amongst items taken from a property on London Road, near Bulwer Road.
Police belief that the car had been used overnight, due to damage on the vehicle, which was later returned.
On Emlen Street a laptop, a digital camera and loose change were amongst items removed between 8.10am and 3.10pm on Monday.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 4 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 5 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 9 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 10 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
Police are yet to ascertain exactly what was taken from a property burgled on Pimpernel Road at some point between 10am and 2pm the same day.
An insecure door was accessed at a property on Lupin Road between 11am and 3pm on Monday. A bank card, jewellery, two tablets and a mobile phone were among the items said to have been stolen.
Monday also saw a property on the B1067 on Bramford Road, near Bulwer Road, have a quantity of jewellery removed from it. Entry was forced to the rear of the property between 1pm and 4.10pm.
On Burlington Road, near Crescent Road a window was smashed on Monday at around 5.20pm.
A suspect was seen leaving on foot in the direction of London Road.
Finally a property on Great Whip Street had cash and stolen from it after a suspect entered the property through an insecure door between 9pm on Monday and 6.20am on Tuesday.
Police are asking the public to keep themselves safe by securing doors and hiding valuables.
Anyone with any information relating to any of the incidents should call Ipswich CID at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference: 69090/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.