Suffolk police looking for witnesses to large number of recent burglaries
- Credit: Archant
Police have a arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a series of burglaries which took place in Ipswich.
Suffolk police are still appealing for witnesses to come forward for any of the incidents, which all took place between Sunday and Tuesday.
On Sunday a property on Burlington Road, near Crescent Road, was broken into via a back window between 5pm and 6pm. A Nintendo Wii, Xbox and games for the consoles were stolen.
Between 7.20pm on Sunday and 10.45am the Monday three homes were burgled at a block of flats on Rapier Street. Jewellery, a Nikon digital camera and loose change were taken.
A Samsung TV, Toshiba laptop and the keys to a Vauxhall Zafira were amongst items taken from a property on London Road, near Bulwer Road.
You may also want to watch:
Police belief that the car had been used overnight, due to damage on the vehicle, which was later returned.
On Emlen Street a laptop, a digital camera and loose change were amongst items removed between 8.10am and 3.10pm on Monday.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
Police are yet to ascertain exactly what was taken from a property burgled on Pimpernel Road at some point between 10am and 2pm the same day.
An insecure door was accessed at a property on Lupin Road between 11am and 3pm on Monday. A bank card, jewellery, two tablets and a mobile phone were among the items said to have been stolen.
Monday also saw a property on the B1067 on Bramford Road, near Bulwer Road, have a quantity of jewellery removed from it. Entry was forced to the rear of the property between 1pm and 4.10pm.
On Burlington Road, near Crescent Road a window was smashed on Monday at around 5.20pm.
A suspect was seen leaving on foot in the direction of London Road.
Finally a property on Great Whip Street had cash and stolen from it after a suspect entered the property through an insecure door between 9pm on Monday and 6.20am on Tuesday.
Police are asking the public to keep themselves safe by securing doors and hiding valuables.
Anyone with any information relating to any of the incidents should call Ipswich CID at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference: 69090/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.