French travellers set up camp at Suffolk park and ride
- Credit: Google
A group of travellers have set up camp at a Suffolk park and ride site.
Suffolk police said officers were aware of the group, who are believed to be French, at the Ipswich Park and Ride in Copdock.
A travellers liaison officer met with the travellers this morning.
“Normal process have been followed and there are no police issues,” a police spokesman added.
The five caravans, which arrived on Friday, are believed to be planning to leave this coming Friday, June 8.
It is the second time in recent years the site has been occupied by travellers.
In 2016, several caravans set up on the park and ride and the nearby Tesco car park.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
Christopher Hudson, who represents the division at Suffolk County Council, said he was ‘worried and concerned’.
He is calling for an official “transit site” to be set up so that the travellers can be moved to a designated area with greater speed.