Police stop car with too many passengers in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have stopped a car in Ipswich after too many passengers were found to be travelling in the vehicle.
The car was pulled over on Sunday morning by members of the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team in Ipswich.
Once the car was pulled over officers found that it was carrying more passengers than it was permitted to.
It is not clear exactly how many people were in the car at the time it was pulled over.
Officers issued a roadside fine to the driver of £100 as the driver was not a UK resident.
You may also want to watch:
Police tweeted: “Stopped this non-uk registered car in Ipswich as it was carrying too many passengers.
“A roadside fine/deposit of £100 was taken immediately due to the driver not being a UK resident.”
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused