Police helicopter searching for suspects fleeing stolen vehicle in Ipswich
- Credit: ARCHANT
Police flocked to Rosehill Road in Ipswich following a suspected sighting of a stolen vehicle.
Officers were called at around 1.20pm with reports of a stolen vehicle in the area of Rosehill Road, Ipswich.
Following a suspected sighting of the vehicle at around 3.20pm, officers headed in pursuit.
A police helicopter, along with ground teams and a dog unit, completed a search for suspects believed to have fled the vehicle.
Two men have since been detained.
You may also want to watch:
A third suspect is thought to be at large, but the initial police search has ceased.
A police spokesman said officers had checked premises in nearby Alston Road and Sandhurst Avenue for “outstanding suspects”.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
One eyewitness, a resident of Rosehill Road, described seeing lots of cars, a police dog and helicopter in the area.
“There [has been] a large police presence all around the Rosehill Road for the last three quarters of an hour,” she said.