Police helicopter searching for suspects fleeing stolen vehicle in Ipswich
- Credit: ARCHANT
Police flocked to Rosehill Road in Ipswich following a suspected sighting of a stolen vehicle.
Officers were called at around 1.20pm with reports of a stolen vehicle in the area of Rosehill Road, Ipswich.
Following a suspected sighting of the vehicle at around 3.20pm, officers headed in pursuit.
A police helicopter, along with ground teams and a dog unit, completed a search for suspects believed to have fled the vehicle.
Two men have since been detained.
You may also want to watch:
A third suspect is thought to be at large, but the initial police search has ceased.
A police spokesman said officers had checked premises in nearby Alston Road and Sandhurst Avenue for “outstanding suspects”.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
One eyewitness, a resident of Rosehill Road, described seeing lots of cars, a police dog and helicopter in the area.
“There [has been] a large police presence all around the Rosehill Road for the last three quarters of an hour,” she said.