Ipswich driver caught with no insurance and dangerous bald tyre
- Credit: Archant
One Suffolk driver was caught with a tyre so worn that the cord beneath the rubber was visible - a very dangerous condition for the car to be used in.
The dedicated team of Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team have now spoken to the driver and seized the silver Ford to protect the owner and the public.
The offender was stopped in Emlen Street in Ipswich.
They tweeted: “Checks of the car found a tyre with the ply/cord exposed.
“On doing a document check, vehicle also found to have no insurance. Now seized.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver was issued with a TOR for the offences.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours