Suffolk prisoner on the run
POLICE are tonight hunting for an escaped murderer who was being held in a Suffolk prison. Mark Ryder, 37, escaped from custody while on an escorted visit to Cambridge from HMP Highpoint, near Haverhill.
POLICE are tonight hunting for an escaped murderer who was being held in a Suffolk prison.
Mark Ryder, 37, escaped from custody while on an escorted visit to Cambridge from HMP Highpoint, near Haverhill.
A police spokesman said: “Ryder was last seen by prison escorts in the Debenhams store in Cambridge's Grafton centre at about 2.25pm. He is currently serving a life sentence for a murder in Brighton. He has served 12 years.”
He is described as white, 5ft five inches with mousy brown hair which is shaved and greying at the sides and short on top. He has a faded tattoo of a cross on his forehead.
You may also want to watch:
He was last seen wearing a light blue sleeved Lonsdale sweatshirt, blue jeans and white trainers.
Anyone who sees Ryder should not approach him but call 999 immediately.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions