Suffolk road choas
MOTORISTS around Suffolk suffered lengthy delays as several incidents happened on the county's roads.The A140 was blocked after two cars collided shortly before 6am today in the Norwich direction.
MOTORISTS around Suffolk suffered lengthy delays as several incidents happened on the county's roads.
The A140 was blocked after two cars collided shortly before 6am today in the Norwich direction.
Diversions were put in place, on the B1113, after a lorry overturned on the A143 at Wattisfield.
The accident happened at 2am and the lorry was left for recovery by crane in daylight. The male driver of the lorry was taken to hospital was treatment to a minor shoulder injury.
Part of the A14 was closed off last night after a substance, thought to be toxic, was found leaking from a lorry.
The incident happened at 8pm at the Deputy Dog transport café in Newmarket Road, Risby.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
A 50 metre exclusion zone was put in place while investigations were put in place to determine what the substance leaking from a container was.
However, it was discovered to be waste water from pipes and the road was re-opened at 11.44pm.