Suffolk’s Peter Wright, James Wade and Bobby George set for Ipswich Pro Darts at Corn Exchange on April 23, 2016 – Tickets on sale
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk sportsman and crowd favourite Peter Wright is one five world class darts players set to appear in a new Ipswich Pro Darts event next year.
Following the success of the inaugural Ipswich Darts Masters this month, won by five-time world champion Raymond van Barneveld after selling out in 27 minutes, organisers have announced details of a second elite tournament taking place in the town.
Tickets are now on sale for the Ipswich Pro Darts event, which takes place on St George’s Day (Saturday, April 23) at the Corn Exchange in Ipswich next year.
Darts legend Bobby George, eight-time major champion James Wade and Scotland-born Peter Wright, the world number four who now lives in Mendham, are all set to take part.
Creating an England versus Scotland theme, England’s Tony O’Shea and Scotland’s Robert Thornton have also been named as competitors.
Thornton has won three major titles, including the 2015 World Grand Prix, while O’Shea is a three-time BDO World Championship finalist.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby George, a two-time BDO World Championship runner-up, said: “I’ll become Bobby ‘Saint’ George for one night only. This will be a brilliant event.
“It’s a chance to proud of something the English have been really good at – darts. Let’s hope the English lads give the Scots a drubbing but it will be a great battle and a great night, whatever the outcome.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront
Tickets are available at www.ipswichregent.com or by calling 01473 433100 or 01473 433451 for groups.