Suffolk’s YouTube star Samantha Harvey reaches 48 in Official UK Singles Charts with Forgive Forget
- Credit: Archant
Samantha Harvey was a full-time cleaner in Suffolk just seven months ago. Now the 24-year-old is “overwhelmed” after her debut single Forgive Forget entered the top 50 of the official UK singles charts on Friday night.
The break-up inspired song entered the iTunes chart at number four last week for the independent Hitcham singer, who has achieved fame by posting several cover songs online in recent months. She has over two million likes on Facebook and more than 600,000 people subscribe to her YouTube channel.
The former Stowmarket High School student, born in Harleston, had just recently quit the cleaning business she set-up.
On Friday night, it was confirmed she had reached 48 in the singles charts with Forgive Forget, released independently. It is one place above Katy Perry song Swish Swish, featuring Nicki Minaj, which entered the charts seven weeks ago.
She said: “I still feel very overwhelmed. I don’t think it’s hit me yet just how well the song has done but I am so grateful to everyone for getting behind me and showing me how much they really do believe in me.
“My family are all very proud and can’t wait to see me perform next Thursday (at the O2 Academy Islington - her first headline show). I think that’ll be a shock to them when they see 500 people there, especially for me!
“Future plans are to definitely release more original material while continuing to do covers and see if it leads to doing a tour. Fingers crossed.”
- 1 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 4 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 5 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 6 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 7 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 8 Postcode guide: What is it like to live in IP4?
- 9 Heatwave possible as temperatures expected to soar
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after stabbing is remanded in custody
Her management company also said that Forgive Forget was the second-best selling new entry this week, as well as being the biggest-selling independent single of the week.