Suffolk set to warm up
WITH the cold spell out of the way, things look to be warming up for the county as British summertime approaches this weekend.The Easter weekend's snow has been replaced with rain and this is set to continue for the rest of the week, with temperatures gradually rising.
WITH the cold spell out of the way, things look to be warming up for the county as British summertime approaches this weekend.
The Easter weekend's snow has been replaced with rain and this is set to continue for the rest of the week, with temperatures gradually rising.
Ken Blowers, The Evening Star's weatherman, said today Suffolk had seen the last of the snow and said people can look forward to more summer-like conditions next week.
Temperatures are expected to reach 50F (10C) by the weekend although there will be strong winds.
Mr Blowers said: “It is the end of the cold spell. The next thing on the cards is a series of rain showers, mainly during the night.
“As we go into Friday, Saturday and Sunday, it will be very windy with periods of showers.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 3 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 6 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 7 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 10 Ipswich bus fares to increase after 'significant' drop in usage
“The temperature will be gradually creeping up. Eventually it will get up to 53F (12C). The outlook for the coming week is things will improve still further.
“British Summertime begins on Saturday with the clocks going forward. There is a hope we will have more summer-like weather next week.”